somehow it’s my birthday and somehow I’ve turned 23?!?!? okay I swear I just turned 22 haha
In my years of life thus far I’ve learned an incredible amount of self growth lessons. Realistically I’m learning daily; but there are quite a few lessons that have made a huge impact in my life and I’d love to share them with all of you. Self growth/love/care have all become huge parts of my life and they’ve had such a huge impact on the journey of life thus far. I’ve shared some extremely helpful tips on how to develop a personal level of self love here.
They say your 20’s are your “selfish” years – where you decide to immerse yourself in all the things possible. To learn and discover yourself, your talents, your passions; all the things that light you up. They say it’s when you should be selfish with your time, and with your energy. While I don’t disagree that you should prioritize your desires over the desires others have for you; don’t forget to give, to love, and to SHARE your time, energy, and experience with your people. I digress.
So in honour of my 23rd trip around the big bright sun, I’d like to share these valuable lessons with all of you x
23 Lessons on Self Growth/Love/Care I’ve Learned in 23 Years
- Let yourself dream, it’s the only way you’ll know what you’re taking action towards
- How someone treats you has nothing to do with you, simply just a reflection of how they treat themselves. Choose compassion always.
- It is so much more beneficial to focus on the things that excite you, rather than your stresses.
- There’s no such thing as drinking too much water. Always always always stay hydrated.
- Do not expect to be perfect at something the first time you try it, but at least be willing to put yourself out there to try
- There is a lesson in absolutely everything that happens in your life
- Listen more than you talk
- Always choose courage over comfort
- You do not have the power to change anyone else but yourself
- Count your blessings more than you count what you “dont have”
- It is not selfish to choose to do what is best for you
- “Failure” is nothing but an opportunity to learn
- The space between where you are, and where you want to be – is nothing but a source of self-inspiration. Let this excite you
- Getting your shit together requires such a deep level of honesty with yourself but I promise you it is SO worth it
- When you focus on the good, the good gets SO MUCH better. I swear
- Romanticize your own life more than you do the perceived life of others
- You cannot have what you’re not willing to give
- The way you describe your life is exactly the way it will manifest
- It is your birth right to live the life you desire
- Time spent doing something you genuinely love is never time wasted
- The first step to changing your life is to change your thoughts. Your thoughts are a magnet for what you will attract & manifest into reality.
- Gratitude helps you fall in love with the life you already have, helping you move forward in peace instead of fear
- Choose to never stop learning
Huge thank you to all of you for being here and supporting me through this journey of life. My biggest wish for 23 is to give back as much as I can; I have some rad things planned and I cannot wait to share!!
Head over to my Pinterest + follow me for so much more inspiration + motivation on self love/care/growth and overall wellness xo